Not your average braces: How clear aligners are changing the game
You might remember getting braces as a teenager. Metal brackets were glued to your teeth, and you had to avoid hard foods and sticky sweets for fear of breaking a wire. Wires were tightened periodically, causing discomfort and sometimes even mouth sores. And of course, there was the ever-present worry of being made fun of by your classmates.
But that was then. Today’s braces are almost unrecognizable, thanks to advances in technology. Clear aligners are barely visible, and they can be removed for eating and brushing your teeth. They’re also more comfortable than traditional braces, and far less likely to cause mouth sores. In other words, they’re practically invisible AND easier to live with. No wonder so many young professionals are choosing clear aligners over metal braces!
How Clear Aligners Work
Clear aligners are made from a strong, flexible plastic that is virtually undetectable when worn. They work by gradually moving your teeth into the desired position over the course of several months. Because they are custom-made for each patient, clear aligners can be used to correct a wide variety of dental issues, including overcrowding, gaps, and misaligned bites.
Every two weeks or so, you will receive a new set of aligners that will continue to move your teeth until they reach the final destination. As your treatment progresses, you’ll notice your smile gradually changing until one day—ta da!—you’ll have the perfect set of straight teeth. And because clear aligners are removable, you won’t have to make any lifestyle changes during treatment; just pop them out when it’s time to eat or brush your teeth, and put them back in when you’re done. Easy peasy!
Benefits of Clear Aligners
In addition to being practically invisible and easy to live with, clear aligners offer a number of other benefits over traditional braces:
– There are no food restrictions; you can eat whatever you want without fear of damaging your braces!
– Clear aligners are more comfortable than metal braces; there are no wires or brackets to rub against your gums or cheeks.
– Because they are removable, clear aligners are much easier to keep clean; simply brush and floss as usual and give them a quick rinse before popping them back in.
– Unlike metal braces, which can take two years or more to complete treatment, clear aligners typically straighten teeth in 12 months or less.
– Clear aligners can be used to correct a wide variety of dental issues; consult with your orthodontist about whether clear aligners are right for you.
Are you considering straightening your teeth but dreading the thought of wearing metal braces? Luckily, there’s a better way! Thanks to advances in technology, clear aligners are now available as an alternative to traditional braces. Clear aligners offer all the benefits of metal braces without any of the drawbacks; they’re practically invisible, easy to live with, and can be removed for eating and brushing your teeth. If you’re looking for a more comfortable, convenient way to achieve straight teeth, clear aligners might be right for you! Contact the caring team at Feliciana Dental if you are located in or near the St. Francisville, LA area, and learn more about your options.